This teacher training will immerse you in childhood development, anatomy & physiology and teaching methodology so you will be empowered to share tools of mindfulness and yoga with children ages 2-15 years old and their families.
March 24-26 Module #1 Foundations and Philosophy
March 27-31 Bonus Module AcroYoga for the Whole Family (separate payment)
March 31- April 2nd Module #2 Warriors of Loving Kindness & Compassion
April 21-23 Module #3 Express Yourself & Get Creative
April 28-30 Module #4 Yoga Can Go Anywhere: How to Teach Yoga outside of the Studio
This program is for anyone who loves children and yoga! This teacher training will immerse you over in childhood development, anatomy & physiology and teaching methodology so you will be empowered to share tools of mindfulness and yoga with children ages 2-15 years old and their families. Bring your inner child and a willingness to grow, transform and have fun on the journey. Each module will deepen your understanding of yoga, mindfulness, while also exploring the unique qualities of children ages 2-15 years old and the needs of families. This training will give you tangible tools to share the gifts of breath, body awareness, fitness, and creativity as an empowered and compassionate leader.
Every session will explore: tools of self-expression; compassionate communication; constructive feedback and vocal empowerment; yoga philosophy; techniques for managing a yoga class in a studio and other environments; how to integrate family and siblings; age appropriate goals, games, teaching techniques; group asana, breathing techniques and partner yoga.
All four modules will cover:
• Benefits of yoga for children and families
• How to facilitate a fun, safe yoga class for children ages 2-15 years old
• Child-friendly and fun poses and breathing exercises for any age
• Partner, group and AcroYoga poses for all ages
• Creative ways to make playful and relaxing practice for families
• Teaching exercises to empower and build confidence as a teacher and leader
• Bringing yoga "body breaks" into a classroom to promote holistic learning
• How to creatively theme a class and build seasonal curriculum
• Integrating mindfulness techniques into your home or school environment
• Utilizing non-violent communication and compassionate listening
• How to harness the energy in a room and turn chaos into calm.
• Prioritizing your self-care as an educator
• Recognizing which age groups you connect best with & techniques for every age group
• Incorporating music, games, stories, props and crafts to enhance your classes
• Understand developmental stages and needs for different ages
• Current yoga practice or inspiration to start one.
• 100% attendance to all scheduled classes (make up sessions may be scheduled with Deven at $65 per hour)
• 100% completion of course assignments
• Commitment to a weekly meditation, yoga and pranayama practice
• Observe/Assist 10 children's yoga classes outside of the weekend hours
• Teacher Training Manual (available for purchase at Namaspa)
• How to Talk So Kids Can Learn by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
• The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
• Living Nonviolent Communication: Practical Tools to Connect and Communicate Skillfully in Every Situation by Marshall Rosenberg PhD.
Price $1420, Save $200 if you register by March 2nd
Payment Plans are available. $365 per weekend
Upon successful completion of all four modules, homework assignments and projects you will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to teach children's classes at Namaspa.
This course is Yoga Alliance approved. You must have your 200 hour certification and also teach 30 hours of children's yoga classes to be eligible for application to become a Certified Childrens' Yoga Teacher (CRYT).