Deven Sisler, will empower your practice on and off your mat. A senior certified AcroYoga teacher she is known for her joyful, playful approach to partnership and collaboration, and her articulate teaching. An E-RYT 200 & CRYT yoga teacher she has trained with international master teachers for the past eleven years in yoga, thai massage and acrobatics. An outdoor enthusiast she weaves her experience and on and off the mat into creative, relaxing and inspiring classes internationally. She offers a holistic approach to exploring biomechanics and the subtle body through movement and her training in Body-Mind Centering.
Deven's teaching methodology is beneficial for new practitioners, current yoga teachers, children’s’ yoga teachers and yoga teachers-in-training. Her perspective through the lens of AcroYoga heightens kinesthetic and proprioceptive awareness; it cultivates trust, communication and community building; and provides a creatively interactive forum to deepen experiential understanding of assists and assisting through basic foundational concepts of acrobatics + thai massage that make yoga more accessible to everyone and every body type.
Deven is not only an avid yogi and acrobat, but a seasoned administrator and social media maven. She grew the AcroYoga Facebook page from 2k to 25k and built their Instagram profile from scratch to 17k while managing the backend of Jenny Sauer-Klein & Jason Nemer's international touring schedule, teacher trainings and special events from 2011-2014 for AcroYoga.org. She also directed the AcroYoga Divine Play Festival for two years. She loves supporting yoga teachers in taking their practice off their mats and into the business realm holistically. She is available for consultations for yoga teacher and studios looking for a sustainable business plan and interactive marketing techniques.
Shortly after receiving her BA for her self-designed major in Theatre, Creative Writing & Fine Art from Connecticut College, she ran away to become at clown at Dell’Arte School of Physical Theater and the London International School of Performing Arts. She has performed andmanaged theater productions internationally with a range of production companies, including The Wanderlust Spectacular, Boxtales Theater Company, Clowns Without Borders, chashama, The Faux-Real Theatre Company, Dell'Arte, Theatre Amoeba & The Wow Cafe. She taught and managed Cirque du Soleil's outreach program Cirque du Monde at The Point for three years in the South Bronx. Her passions lie particularly in the fields of art-in-education, social circus arts, and interactive theatrical experiences.
- Currently enrolled: Janet Stone 500 hour Teacher Training
- Street Yoga Training- Denver, CO March 2017 (15 hours)
- Thai Massage Training- Chiang Mai, Thailand 2013 (40 hours)
- AcroYoga® Teacher Training: August 2008, Level Two Training 2012 (250 hours)
- CircusYoga ™ Teacher Training Level 1: 2007; Level 2: 2008; Level 3 2010 (120 hours)
- Diamond Mountain 2010: Bhagavad Gita Course 1 (50 hours)
- Thai Yoga Certification: The New England School Of Thai Yoga: 2009 (50 hours)
- Body-Mind Centering®: Embodied Development & Yoga: 2009 (200 hours)
- Post-Natal Teacher Training with Jyothi Larsen: 2007 (16 hours)
- Marcia Monroe’s “Engaging The Child Through Yoga”: 2006 (16 hours)
- Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher & 200 hour Certification Om Yoga: 2006(200 hours)
London International School of Performing Art/Naropa University
1st year Certificate Lecoq based Physical Theater 2005
Dell’Arte International School of Physical Theater, Blue Lake, CA
Professional Training Program 2004
Connecticut College, New London, CT
Self-Designed BA Theatre, Creative Writing & Fine Art 2002